- Fifth Harmony – Certainly the biggest news was the departure of Camila Cabello from the group to pursue a solo career. The group taped a last performance together that was aired during “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2017” on ABC. The group’s song “Work From Home” was YouTube’s most watched video of 2016 with over 1 billion views.
- Enrique Iglesias – Iglesias had another banner year as he finished with the number one song on “El Hit Parade de America” and his concerts were sold out in 2016. His popularity does not seem to fade even as time goes by. But the important thing is that he does not forget his Spanish roots and his Spanish songs are often more popular than those he sings in English.
- Pitbull– Mr. Worldwide was all over in 2016 and he was also in the news quite frequently, especially after receiving $1 million for performing in a sweet sixteen party in San Antonio and again for helping promote tourism in Florida. Then he finished the year with his New Year’s Revolution event in Miami.
- Maluma – According to Billboard.com Maluma had the most viewed YouTube channel of any Latin artist in 2016 with over 2 billion views. However, a controversy erupted with his song “Cuatro Babys” which many women considered “macho and offensive and for making violence against women appear to be normal. Nevertheless, Maluma has several concerts planned for 2017.
- Shakira – Shakira had a hit with Carlos Vives “La Bicicleta” which was played all over the world. Shakira was constantly in the entertainment news due to her romance with Gerard Pique and their two sons Milan and Sasha. They made a memorable trip to her native Colombia during the 2016 Christmas holiday.
- Ricky Martin – Martin had another great year ending his One World Tour in December. His duo with Maluma “Vente Pa’Ca” was a huge hit all over and so was the video. He left his position on the Univision show “La Banda” which he produced. Martin has already scheduled concerts in 2017.
7. Daddy Yankee – Daddy Yankee had the No.1 dance song with “Shaky Shaky”.
- Nicky Jam – Nicky Jam’s hit “Hasta el Amanecer” spent 18 weeks at No. 1 of the Hot Latin Songs of the Billboard charts. The video had over 900 million views. During the 2016 Latin Billboard Awards he won a record seven awards. One of the awards was for a duo he sang with Enrique Iglesias “El Perdon”.
- J Balvin – J Balvin had another huge hit with his “Ginza” which spent 22 weeks at No. 1 and was a dance hit and the video had over 600 million views.
- Gerardo Ortiz – In July 2016 Ortiz was arrested in Guadalajara for “criminal exaltation” due to the controversial video for his song “Fuiste Mia”. According to Billboard.com the video had more than 30 million views when it was taken out. His other hit in 2016 was “Por Que Terminamos.”.